New Students

onthelawn.pngStaff at Don College will assist you with planning and achieving a pathway to university, TasTAFE and other career and work options. There are lots of subjects to choose from at Don College but the most important choice for you is to continue your learning to year 12 and beyond.

How do I enrol in Don College?

Students in a local Government High School...

Staff of Don College make regular visits to Sheffield School, Reece High School, Devonport High School, Ulverstone Secondary College, Latrobe High School, Deloraine High School and Penguin District School. Our staff work closely with students and staff of these schools to assist with course selections.

During November, 2019, Don College enrolment teams will visit all of these schools and complete enrolments with current year 10 and year 11 students transitioning to Don College. Further information in regard to the specific details of each school will be sent home in newsletters and information sheets.

Students from non-Government Schools or Interstate...

If you are not currently enrolled in a Tasmanian Government school and you want to explore the possibility of attending Don College in 2019 then we encourage you to phone Don College reception on 64240200 or submit an online expression of interest and we will provide an information pack.


Don College prides itself in providing excellent educational opportunities to young people. In order to take full advantage students are encouraged to:

  • Attend all classes
  • Complete set work
  • Respect the rights of all members of the Don College community to receive an education, be safe and have their property respected in a drug and alcohol free environment
  • Use the college as a place of learning

Students aged 18 or older wanting to enrol at Don College for the first time need to apply to an Assistant Principal. Applications are considered on merit. All new students 18 years and over must have a current Volunteer class Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP) card. Online applications for RWVP cards can be completed by visiting:

Department of Justice - Working with children